Old December 2nd 03, 08:08 PM
Robert Casey

N2EY wrote:

In article , Robert Casey
writes:

N2EY wrote:

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Why select May 14th 2000?

Two reasons:

1) I happened to have those numbers recorded

2) By that date, it's reasonable to expect that all of the backlog from before
the April 15 changes had gone through FCC.

Restructuring took effect a month
earlier. I upgraded from tech + to extra on April 15, 2000 and
the paperwork reached the FCC just a few days later the next week.
Thus I would show up as an extra in the May 14th 2000. If your
objective is to show the effects of restructuring, you need to list
the numbers for April14, 2000.

If you have them, I'll show them.

Okay, that makes sense, especially reason #2. There would be some
cross leakage, but probably not enough to matter in determining long term
trends.

73s Bob

PS, I don't have the numbers myself, but as you mentioned, they would miss
the backlog of activity before April 15th.