Old December 3rd 03, 05:40 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alun" wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in
ink.net:

Agreed

It is not the 'immigration policy' that is so bad. Its the wide open
borders that are a real problem.

Dan/W4NTI

Well, the border with Mexico seems to be almost impossible to close, from
what I've seen. Probably the only way to fix the problem is to try to help
fix the Mexican economy. Don't ask me how.

I saw a documentary on TV about migrants moving to work in factories just
across the border on the Mexican side, and most of them seem to live in
conditions that are as bad as anything we had in the Victorian era, i.e.
during the original industrial revolution. What is interesting is that a
minority of enlightened factory owners have built nice houses for their
workers - exactly as happened over 100 years ago. However, most of the
factory workers seem to live in shanties, places where water is something
that is delivered by a truck.

It's no wonder that many of them would rather go a few miles further and
cross the border if they can.

At the probability of ticking off everyone again.....that is not our
problem. (USA).

It is the problem of and the fault of the corupt Mexican governments.
Notice I said governments.

They have oil, they have a beautiful tourist location. But the officials
are too busy pocketing the gringo dollars.

I say put up a fence like the Berlin wall. And issue orders to shoot to
kill. That will end it.

Dan/W4NTI