Old December 6th 03, 10:49 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

Nope. I disagree, but only because I approach
this venue exactly in the same manner as Dee.
I like debating and there are few people who can
do it artfully. But, I don't think I've ever expected
anyone else to approach it the same way I do.
However, to engage one in discourse almost
dictates that you must be willing to communicate
at their level and in their manner. (snip)

Then we all need to get together and establish specific rules for debate
in this newsgroup. And everyone should be made aware of those rules to
insure an even playing field. Without that, screaming about rules and
procedures is a little absurd, don't you think? So lets talk about common
debate rules. Every debate I've seen allows for opinion - even opinions
about what is a fact when that is not clear. Since nobody gathers statistics
for what I said, there are no facts to prove or disprove my statement -
there is only opinion either way. Therefore, since everyone involved has now
admitted to knowing that nobody gathers such statistics, my statement would
be acceptable even under standard debate rules and any challenge following
that could only be interpreted as an attempt to sidetrack the debate (which,
I believe, is not proper debate procedure).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/