Old February 4th 04, 10:44 AM
Book

Default Washing Dishes

I've just assembled a 3m satellite dish which I acquired second hand a
few years ago. I'm hoping to do some radio astronomy/seti work with it.
The problem is, the painted steel reflector surface is quite dirty,
scuffed, etc... I understand that this will not really affect signal
strength but I'm sure that my neighbours (and mother) would appreciate
it if the thing was a little better looking.

My question is, would polishing the surface (after a good clean) with
ordinarily car polish be likely to cause any problems. I'd rather not
have to re-spray the thing.

Thanks,
--
Book