Old December 7th 03, 07:31 AM
Dwight Stewart

"KØHB" wrote:

Dwight wrote:
For example, the Red Cross doesn't go
around painting crosses red and the
Salvation Army doesn't fight religious wars.

Is this message (mine) just now showing up in the newsgroup for people to
reply to? I posted it many days ago.

Did anyone hear the story on Fox several nights ago about the Red Cross in
England planning to drop the red cross as their official logo? According to
the story, they want to eliminate any reference to religion. I don't know if
they intend to change the name also. The story said the U.S. chapter insists
it has no intention of doing the same. Anyway, since the red cross logo is
widely used outside religious circles (hospitals and so on) and I suspect
few make a religious connection, I thought the entire thing was a little
strange.

But why the hell isn't there a Salvation Navy?

No department stores in the oceans to collect money at? It's too cold to
stand around at piers during the Christmas season? On a more technical note,
their ringing bells were mistaken for navigation buoys once too often? ;-)

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/