Old February 4th 04, 02:17 PM
Mikey

Professional installation doesn't mean that it was done correctly;
"professionals" often take shortcuts, and cause many problems. Tell your
neighbor to search his system for breaks in his feedline shield, grounding
loops, or something goofy on the back of the TV set. Often, an otherwise
closed system is compromised by a sloppy installation of an outside VHF/UHF
antenna.

How new and/or clean is his TV set? What else is connected to the system?
Is there a stereo connected? How about a second TV in another part of the
house?

You may not be the problem, but his "professionally-installed" system might
be...

- Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., CA

"Dennis Kaylor" wrote
hey guys
while working on 6 meters tonight i got a knock on my door and the guy
said i was getting into his Satellite TV his TV is on channel 4 and his
Dish was Professionally installed so could someone let me know what i
can do to stop this?
i am unfamilar with sat TV and dont know how to cure this issue
so any info would be a big help
thanks