Old December 8th 03, 09:55 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

The phrasing used in your posts
attempt to make it so. Thus naturally
I will dispute the contention that you
are trying to make it a fact without
any supporting data. Not only are
you trying to call it a fact but attempting
to make others believe it, again
without supporting data.

You're not going to let it go, are you, Dee? I said what I believe to be
fact. Lacking any real data, that is all I could possibly do.

I based that on the fact that Morse code has been widely featured in
movies (Titantic to War Movies), television (Hogan's Heros to Westerns to
Sci-Fi), books, children's toys, the military decades ago, youth
organizations, and so on. So, again, I do think it is a fact that most
people in this country today know about Morse code. They may not know what
it's called, how to do it, or whatever, but only a truly isolated person
would not know at least something about it. That is especially true for
anyone interested in radio (shortwave listeners, potential new hams, and so
on).

You haven't provided anything beyond your own opinion to dispute any of
that. Instead, you assault my choice of words and then insist, even if true,
that is not enough - that one must have practical experience to truly make a
choice. Of course, that's nonsense. One does not have to murder someone to
know that murder is not something one would particularly like to do. Indeed,
we make choices in our lives each day without personal experience to back it
up. Your demand for more here shows a serious lack of respect for people's
ability to make their own choices.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/