Old December 8th 03, 12:57 PM
N2EY

In article . net, "Dwight
Stewart" writes:

"N2EY" wrote:
"Dwight Stewart" writes:

Hans' answer is not in his proposal.

OK, fine.

In fact, a lot of what Hans has said
in this newsgroup is not in the proposal.

It will be, if FCC acts on it in any way.

Instead, he just seems to be making
up answers as he goes along.

Is that bad? His answers are all in agreement
with the stated goals and philosophy of his
proposal. I haven't found a single case where
Hans has contradicted himself in this proposal
thing.

You're missing the point, Jim. If it isn't in the proposal, he can't give
definitive answers to those questions. Making up answers as the discussion
goes along in this newsgroup isn't going to change that.

Hans has only submitted his proposal as a comment to others' petitions.

He can take the discussion here, and the answers he's given, revise the
proposal into a petition and submit it to FCC for an RM number.

Even though I disagree with some parts of it, and would oppose those parts, I
think his proposal has been much improved and clarified by the discussion here.

The end result could be something that FCC and much of the amateur commnunity
would support.

--

Do GROLs have to be renewed?

73 de Jim, N2EY