Old December 9th 03, 03:14 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...
I based that on the fact that Morse code has been widely featured in
movies (Titantic to War Movies), television (Hogan's Heros to Westerns to
Sci-Fi), books, children's toys, the military decades ago, youth
organizations, and so on. So, again, I do think it is a fact that most
people in this country today know about Morse code. They may not know what
it's called, how to do it, or whatever, but only a truly isolated person
would not know at least something about it. That is especially true for
anyone interested in radio (shortwave listeners, potential new hams, and

so
on).

Such exposure doesn't give anyone sufficient information to make an informed
decision.

You haven't provided anything beyond your own opinion to dispute any of
that. Instead, you assault my choice of words and then insist, even if

true,
that is not enough - that one must have practical experience to truly make

choice. Of course, that's nonsense. One does not have to murder someone to
know that murder is not something one would particularly like to do.

Indeed,
we make choices in our lives each day without personal experience to back

it
up. Your demand for more here shows a serious lack of respect for people's
ability to make their own choices.

Again you are NOT reading my words. I've repeatedly stated that one can
make judgments based on risks, dangers, and harm even if they have not
experienced it. Murder does serious harm and therefore does not need to be
experienced. However where such detrimental effects don't come into play,
it is not possible to say one does or does not like something unless they
have experienced it. One may think they won't like it but they truly do not
have the tools to do other than make an assumption.

I refrain from forming opinions on things I've never tried. There will be
things that I will never form an opinion on. For example my fear of the
risks of skydiving will never allow me to try it. So I do not know whether
I would like it or not and refrain from making a judgment on it. I've never
had occasion to eat frog legs or squid so I refrain from judging whether or
not I would like these foods. And so on.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE