Old February 4th 04, 04:38 PM
Dave Shrader

Before you get involved with anything make absolutely sure your rig is
100% clean. That means no harmonics, no overmodulation, no 3rd order
products. Find a friend/ham who has a spectrum analyzer and check your
output.

If your signal is clean then advise your neighbor to contact the
'professional' who has the responsibility to clean up the problem at
your neighbor's. You may advise the 'professional' that better grade
cables, ferrites, chokes, etc. may help. But DON'T touch your neighbor's
installation.

Finally, regarding VCRs, and many tv's are now coming with them built
in, that is a manufacturer's problem. A VCR is not a receiver. A
built-in poorly shielded VCR will be virtually impossible to clean up.
[I had a Panasonic TV with built in VCR and when my power output
exceeded 40 watts the VCR just totally shut down the tv image.]

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

Dennis Kaylor wrote:

hey guys
while working on 6 meters tonight i got a knock on my door and the guy
said i was getting into his Satellite TV his TV is on channel 4 and his
Dish was Professionally installed so could someone let me know what i
can do to stop this?
i am unfamilar with sat TV and dont know how to cure this issue
so any info would be a big help
thanks