Old December 12th 03, 04:18 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

Again you are not reading what I wrote.
I stated that I avoided forming opinions
about whether I would like something
without experiencing it. I did not say
that I avoided making decisions.

Actually, I did read what you wrote, Dee. And, since we all try to look
into a subject before forming opinions, and then make decisions based on
those opinions, the only difference between our two views is the matter of
degree. Unlike you, I don't believe one has to personally experience
everything before forming an opinion about it. In fact, I don't think it is
even possible.

Regardless, when it comes to code, I suspect most newcomers to ham radio
today are a lot like me when I first started - listened to code on the
radio, tried a few code training programs, maybe played around with code
translation software, and so on, before even beginning to study for that
first license exam. While that alone is certainly not enough to make them an
expert on code, it is enough to allow them to start forming opinions about
it.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/