Old July 30th 03, 06:13 AM
Mark Keith

(Art Unwin KB9MZ) wrote in message om...
Seems like a lot of hams with limited resources are still compelled
to operate on many bands with just a long wire and a tuner.
The wire is inexpensive but the tuners are not. Thus my present
project.
I was given a Palomar enginnering balun with 5 female connenection
which by selection can match a antenna in steps from 5 ohms to over
450 ohms
in a series of steps. I am presently rigging it up so that all
steps can be switched thru remotely by a single motor. The switching
arrangement

I'd rather wind a coil, "oatmeal tube carton"? and find a good
variable cap, and make a simple L network to feed a random wire. I'd
rather not use an apple to do a job that an orange should rightfully
have. :/ MK