Old December 13th 03, 11:22 PM
garigue

"JEP" wrote in message
m...
I don't like ARRL because:

1) Membership price too high
2) Can't separate QST from membership
3) QST only counts as $15 of the $39 membership fee
4) Incentive licensing from the 60's
5) Ham radio is a dying hobby
6) 5wpm Extras
7) No value given for the money invested
8) No accountability of the board and Executive staff
9) Really doesn't represent the majority of hams (majority don't
belong)
10) Really no different than 'NRA', 'AARP', 'NAACP'. Take your money
and use it for their own agenda, NOT yours!

That is enough for a start.

Sorry to see '73' and Wayne Green exit publishing.
Sorry to see 'Ham Radio' exit publishing.

ex ARRL member

Shouldda added "and a cheap whiner" after member. I am not going to waste
space replying to each of the above as that would mean that there was some
merit or better yet thought there. I run into the same rants from many of
the other organizations I belong to when it comes to membership and dues.
These people spout off their big mouths which have no shortage of hot air
....but part with a buck or two ....Katie bar the door .... I can take and
listen to criticism regarding any organization if the person was a member
and not a sap sucking leach-parasite. And yet the ARRL is for all hams.
Show me an organization anywhere that operates without funds and I'll show
you one that the few work their collective asses off for the benefit of the
remainder of the membership i.e. the parasites. So I guess ham radio should
collectively ask these tight-wad, freebie seeking, selfish, greedy and
non-sharing hams ......WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY ????.....expect moan
about crap that went under the bridge a long time ago, squeezing that nickel
till the Buffalo defecates and hide behind some initial name in the
newsgroup.

Take care, don't share and keep on spewing hot air ...

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa