Old December 14th 03, 01:19 AM
garigue

Hello Clint ....

Well the FCC handed over testing to VEC groups and we all know how the milk
of human honesty flows with that decision. Maybe if the ARRL did have
control of the "ham" spectrum we wouldn't be concerned about protecting our
turf from other interests. It is sort of ironic that the ARRL is becoming
in some way like the NRA in that it is soliciting monies to protect the
"bailiwick"

Ham radio Gods??? No more than the FCC is at present and I think I would
take Newington over Washington to give me more of a radio bang for my buck
.... albeit neither is perfect.

God Bless 73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa

"Clint" rattlehead at computron dot net wrote in message

"Louis C. LeVine" wrote in message
om...
This came from another radio group. They are doing a survey to find
out why some people do not like the ARRL. I don't like it because it
costs to much. If it were $10 a year I might consider joining.
Louis

Yepper Louis and if a Corvette were 10K I'd have one in my garage now ...
73 KI3R

I don't like them because the head bosses see themselves as self-appointed
gods of ham radio.... at least at one point in time they were trying to

get
the FCC to hand over authority of the ham radio spectrum to them
entirely.

Clint