Old December 14th 03, 06:04 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
Mike Coslo wrote in message

Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:

(Louis C. LeVine) wrote in message

. com...

This came from another radio group. They are doing a survey to find
out why some people do not like the ARRL. I don't like it because it
costs to much. If it were $10 a year I might consider joining.
Louis

And just exactly what do you expect that they could do for $10.00
a month?

Please name me ONE organization in ANY "hobby" activity that
provdes the scope of servcies and resources the ARRL offers to it's
target peer group.

Awaiting your informed response.

I think this is one of those cases where some people think that their
membership is a subscription to QST. Its a lot more than that. ARRL does
a lot for Amateurs, even those who hate the organization.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Fair enough.

I dislike some of the policies that the ARRL has promoted in the past,
and felt as if the ARRL did not represent me even though I have been a
member since 1986.

Did you get actively involved? Did you become a section director? Did you
campaign to sway the majority to your opinion? Or did you just write a
letter or two complaining and were disappointed because it didn't instantly
change the ARRL's policies? If you want your point of view to be policy
then you have to become very politically active in an organization.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE