Old December 15th 03, 10:22 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

It probably was no longer cost effective to sell it on newstands.

If the ARRL is making money (a no-no for a non-profit corp) then

report
them
to the IRS. If they are not making money, then no matter how big

they
are,
it is not about money since no one is making a profit.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Un-friggin-believable.

Non-profits aren't about profit. They're about salaries.

If the salaries are too high, get on the board and get them reduced.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Who said they were too high?

They have to balance their books somehow (to avoid the appearance of
profit), and the salary is the most convenient place to dump the
excess.

It's about your ignorance of what a non-profit really is.

Oh yeah...non-profit is the best place to be...And, the greates exploiter of
human emotion, etc. With little effort, the dollars churn in--most people
don't file for the donation they are entitled to (only large donations whose
contributors are also playing the non-profit game).

That's why I'd like to see the tax structure change to some kind of
percentage across the board. The *only* entity that would not have to pay
any would be a church--and that only for the church building, its parking
lot, and its parish. If they've got a private school, nursing home, etc.,
they pay. And, no deductions for *anyone* or *anything* across the board.
Colgate, Mr. Bates, and me all pay the same percentage of tax out of our
income; that's it--end of game.

Kim W5TIT

Kim W5TIT