Old December 15th 03, 12:11 PM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Dee got on early supporting the status quo; hook,line and sinker. She
is a perfect mouth-piece for the ARRL, and I've heard her repeating,
word for word, the policies of this organization. She is, more or
less, an official ARRL spam-bot. Wonder if she is an official
bulletin station?

Not hardly. I disapprove of some of the policies but I do not expect it to
change when my view doesn't represent the majority view. I do not consider
differences of opinion on some policies to be reason to stop supporting
them. Also I merely state that non-members shouldn't think they can change
the policies. The ARRL policies, as with any organization, will reflect the
opinions of the majority of members. Someone with a minority opinion in any
organization will have to work very hard to get the majority to adopt it.
Organizations have no obligation to reflect the opinion of non-members.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Oh, BS, Dee. You just got through saying that if you don't belong, if
you don't rise to the top of the food chain, blah blah, horse crap,
blah blah.

You've become a particularly rude little electrolyte of late, Brian.
You can't expect to change those things which you happen to dislike
about the ARRL from outside it. If you are on the inside, your task is
to convince others to adopt your point of view. I've been a member of
the League for most of my forty years as a ham and a life member for
nearly thirty of those years. The League takes some positions and
actions of which I approve. It also takes positions and actions of
which I disapprove. If one of those seems important enough to me, I
make noise to HQ, to my Director and to other members. Sometimes enough
members make enough noise to change an ARRL position. Sometimes they
don't.

The ARRL wants to be the -ONE- voice for the ARS.

The ARRL is the biggest and most influential voice within the Amateur
Radio Service. There is clout in numbers. If you've not yet figured
this out, it is time that you learned it.

I suggest that they
start with forward thinking leadership representing all, not just
their CW-centric membership. Or get out of the way.

Get out of whose way--yours? I don't see you as any kind of progressive
steamroller with any followers at all. Who are you leading?

Dave K8MN