Old December 15th 03, 11:35 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Groups trimmed....
One of the greatest rules of parliamentary procedure, and a real
cornerstone of representative democracy in gneral is that even though
the majority rules, the minority is allowed to have it's say.

I think waaaaaayyyy too many people these days seem to have forgotten
that. The minority must have it's say.

Dee, I think you are taking a wrong tack on this one. Brian needs his
say, and should not be forced to be a person at a high level of power in
an institution to have his opinion.

Not everyone wants to be active or even *can* be active in an
organization. There are only so many leadership positions.

Mike, I agree with what you have said. Everyone should be free to voice
their opinion.

But what we cannot forget that to get a change, someone has got to buckle
down and do the work. That should fall upon the person or persons who want
the change to either do the work themselves or to convince someone to lead
this effort for them. Whining and complaining doesn't get the job done.
Brian seems to think that his opinion as expressed in a couple of letters to
the ARRL should have caused them to adopt the policies that he likes.
That's totally unrealistic. If he's not willing to do the work, then he has
no business slamming the ARRL.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE