Old December 16th 03, 03:33 PM
Dave Heil

Dwight Stewart wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote:
Len Over 21 wrote:

What is that to you?

It effects me because I am an active radio
amateur. You, on the other hand, are in no
way involved. (snip)

(snip) I think you must have me mixed up
with you. I'm a radio amateur. You are a
bystander.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with that, Dave. As I see it, when discussing a
radio service which uses the radio frequencies that belong to all Americans,
no American Citizen who wants to be involved is a bystander and all (Amateur
and non-Amateur) have a right to be involved in the discussion.

I'm not at all uncomfortable with it, Dwight. Len has had his say on
countless occasions. He isn't involved with amateur radio though he
knows some hams. He has no background in amateur radio from which to
make an informed decision regarding amateur radio testing. He wants
morse testing ended. Based on what special knowledge and background?
He wants a minimum age for amateur radio licensing. Based on what
special knowledge and background? His right to direct his opinion to
his government is intact. Government is not forced to agree with his
assessment of how amateur radio should be changed. I'm certainly not
forced to agree with his views, to respect his views or to refrain from
sarcasm with regard to his views. Wanting to be involved does not make
Len other than a bystander in the world of amateur radio. He is not a
part of amateur radio simply because he comments to government or
because he posts here.

Likewise, I
saw nothing in rules of this newsgroup which would restrict the
participation of non-Amateurs.

Len has participated and participated and participated. He wants to
participate and to prevent others from laughing at him or his ideas.
Others are free to participate and may form their own opinions of LHA's
ideas. They are free to laugh at his ideas, to poke fun of his ideas
and to counter his ideas.

You may not like what Len has to say, but the
lack of a Ham license alone should not diminish it or dismiss it.

There's no "may" involved. I don't like what Len has to say and don't
care for his windy, pontificating and condescending posts. If you've
read Len's stuff, you'll have no difficulty in understanding that his
lack of an amateur license is not the only reason for making light of
his opinions regarding amateur radio licensing.

Dave K8MN