Old December 16th 03, 08:12 PM
Len Over 21

In article , JJ
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article , JJ

writes:

I'm just campaigning for the elimination of morse code testing.

Why? Can't or to lazy to learn the code?

I can, I did learn morse. I don't see the need of it after being in
radio communications for 50 1/2 years.

Is that the only way you will
ever be able to get a ham license?

An AMATEUR license is not one of my life priorities. I've had a
COMMERCIAL license for 47 1/2 years.

Then what's you problem? If you have no interest in an amateur license
then why spout off hear? Go somewhere where someone cares.

[in cyberspace you cannot be "hear"...] :-)

Gosh, for an anonymous person you are very touchy. Did you hurt
yourself with the dagger under your cloak?

I guess if they remove the code
requirement you will campaign to get the written eleminated also so you
won't have to do anything for a license.

No. You are starting to show evidence of high irritation, anonymous
one.

Doesn't irratate me, I have my license, code test and all.

Of COURSE you do, anonymous one.

How could anyone possibly doubt such a thing?

Why is it imperative to have a license, especially an AMATEUR
license?

If one wishes to operate on the amateur bands one needs an amateur
license - DUH!

Is "DUH" your real name's initials?

You had best check on which amateur bands are EXCLUSIVELY
allocated only to amateur radio.

Any other radio service allocated as primary or co-resident on ham
bands doesn't need any amateur license to operate there.

Worse yet, the government (including military) can and sometimes
does operate on bands which many amateurs think are exclusively
"theirs." No amateur license required by government/military operators
to operate there.

I took my FCC office test way back in March, 1956. I'd
already been communicating in the HF Big Leagues for three years.
Later on, I've communicated on LF, MF, HF, VHF, UHF, and
microwaves without needing any amateur radio certificate. Never
ever needed to use or understand morse code for any of that.
Nobody involved in all that communicating complained about
lack of morsemanship.

Great, then go back to your LF, MF, HF, VHF, UHF and microwaves with
your commercial license. You obviously have no interest in amateur radio
so it is obvious to the most casual of observers that your only reason
to be hear is to see how big a jackass you can make of yourself.
And you're doing a bang-up job of it.

How come for why you say "I have no interest in amateur radio?"

Is everyone within your touch required to profess love, honor, and
obeyance to the amateur lifestyle in order for you to be civil to
them?

I haven't belonged to the ARRL
in many years, but you have convinced me I need to join, thanks to you
the ARRL will get a new member.

Go for it. They need warm bodies rather desperately. The League
has yet to get membership from a majority of licensed U.S. radio
amateurs.

Hurry on getting your membership...wonder upon wonders, they are
defraying shipping charges on items puchased from Newington right
now! [of course, you pay the same price in a ham store for ARRL
merchandise and there's no shipping charges to pay...]

It will give me a say in campainging to keep the code test, looks like
that is what keeps you out of ham radio and that's a good thing for ham
radio.

You can have your "say" DIRECTLY to the FCC. Of course, on the
14 petitions the official comment period is over but you are still
allowed to late-file.

The only problem with comments to the FCC is that they expect all
commenters to give their real name, address, etc., in order to be on
the public record.

That makes everyone commenting vulnerable, doesn't it? By using
ARRL as a middleman, you can keep your anonymity and arrogance
and alleged superiority, spouting off from time to time. No problem.

If that is the sort of attitude of modern U.S. amateur radio, then it is
no wonder that folks aren't rushing in to get acquainted with it or
don't admire all the "expertise" of such amateur radio gurus.

LHA