Old December 16th 03, 08:12 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Dwight Stewart wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote:
Len Over 21 wrote:

What is that to you?

It effects me because I am an active radio
amateur. You, on the other hand, are in no
way involved. (snip)

(snip) I think you must have me mixed up
with you. I'm a radio amateur. You are a
bystander.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with that, Dave. As I see it, when discussing

radio service which uses the radio frequencies that belong to all

Americans,
no American Citizen who wants to be involved is a bystander and all

(Amateur
and non-Amateur) have a right to be involved in the discussion.

I'm not at all uncomfortable with it, Dwight.

Yes you are. Your beligerance keeps on.

Len has had his say on
countless occasions. He isn't involved with amateur radio though he
knows some hams.

Yup, beligerance with flags and banners waving... :-)

He has no background in amateur radio from which to
make an informed decision regarding amateur radio testing.

Klunk, you are indeed weird as well as beligerant to
say that amateur radio is somehow so "unique" that it
is totally different from all other radio!

The physics of amateur radio is the SAME as the physics
of all other radio.

The jargon, patois, colloquialisms of amateur radio
communicating MIGHT be considered "different" than all
other radio services, but that is as easily picked up by
anyone going from one lodge hall to another. 10-4? :-)

He wants morse testing ended.

Yes.

Based on what special knowledge and background?

Based on 50 1/2 years of radio communications without
ever needing it or having to know it to "work HF."

Based on four decades of direct design engineering for
communications which considers ALL available modes.

Based on knowing the literature and history of ALL
radio communications, not the limited spoon-feeding
of knowledge from amateur fraternal organizations.
["Shannon's Law" was based on teleprinter signals,
not morse code and that Law became public in 1948
and accepted by the entire world of radio]

Based on the same bull**** heard for six decades
from elitist morsemen who still think that standards
and practices are the "same" as in the 1930s.

Based on what the FCC said publicly in 1990 and
again in 1999 that a morse code test is not necessary
for them to grant any amateur radio license.

He wants a minimum age for amateur radio licensing.

Yes, but I don't make near the BIG THING you try
to make of it in here, Klunk. I said that on the public
record on NPRM 98-143 in January 1999 and
haven't pursued it since.

Based on what special knowledge and background?

Show us your certificates and pretty paper saying you
are the EXPERT in everything you pontificate on.

His right to direct his opinion to his government is intact.

Damn right it is, Herr Robust.

Government is not forced to agree with his
assessment of how amateur radio should be changed.

Who, besides your gloriousness and nobility, said
it should?

[let us know the date of your coronation so that we
may genuflect and worship your presence...]

I'm certainly not
forced to agree with his views, to respect his views or to refrain from
sarcasm with regard to his views.

You are beligerant and ****ed off that anyone DARES
challenge your arrogance about What Should Be!

In most anything...

Wanting to be involved does not make
Len other than a bystander in the world of amateur radio.

Herr Robust forgets that amateur radio licensing is NOT
dictated by a members-only club. Not in the USA...

He is not a
part of amateur radio simply because he comments to government or
because he posts here.

Neither is this newsgroup some kind of "ARRL South."

Likewise, I
saw nothing in rules of this newsgroup which would restrict the
participation of non-Amateurs.

Len has participated and participated and participated.

Herr Robust has arrogantly proclaimed and issued orders
and done the whole nine yards of the KH2D bit...on and
on and on and on and on...

He wants to
participate and to prevent others from laughing at him or his ideas.

Poor baby, reflections of your own golden eye scowling at
remarks you receive?

Herr Robust, I was on Usenet before the Internet went
public and am very, very familiar with what goes on,
and the inhabitants' attitudes in the cyberspace of
computer-modem communications...for more than
two decades.

The arrogant - such as yourself - HATE the comebacks
you get poking holes in your mighty balloons. Ergo,
you try the "reversal" bit and say that the hole-poker is
"afraid of being laughed at." Tsk, tsk, tsk.

EVERYONE takes a chance on posting something in
public. EVERYONE has to "take" what comes back
to them...or leave. That includes arrogant Waffle-SS
colonels.

Others are free to participate and may form their own opinions of LHA's
ideas. They are free to laugh at his ideas, to poke fun of his ideas
and to counter his ideas.

AND AGREE WITH LHA's postings.

Now doesn't that just completely fry your psyche? :-)

However, your ego needs to have you completely in
control so you've gone into a fantasyland where you
are Supreme Commander who Knows Truth! :-)

You may not like what Len has to say, but the
lack of a Ham license alone should not diminish it or dismiss it.

There's no "may" involved. I don't like what Len has to say and don't
care for his windy, pontificating and condescending posts.

All the readers have "noticed" your opinion...:-)

If you've
read Len's stuff, you'll have no difficulty in understanding that his
lack of an amateur license is not the only reason for making light of
his opinions regarding amateur radio licensing.

The Supreme Commander has spoken!

There is NO First Amendment in regards to ham radio
regulations!

All amateur licensing regulations are handled STRICTLY
by the existing amateur licensees!

Supreme Commanders don't give a damn about
anyone who doesn't agree with his arrogant
pontificating orders of the day!

Sick transit, gloria mundi...