Old December 16th 03, 08:17 PM
Nate Bargmann

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 04:58:32 +0000, N2EY wrote:

In no particular order:

1) Representation of amateur radio (what other organization or individual would
do anyhting like the 121 page commentary on BPL?)

2) QST and other publications (only the RSGB Handbook is comparable)

3) Contests and operating activities (particularly SS and FD)

4) Product reviews (much more in-depth than any other amateur publication)

5) Elected officials (they listen even if they don't agree)

6) W1AW (been there and operated the station, too)

73 de Jim, N2EY

I'll add:

1. They haven't revised the Amateur's Code to be Politically Correct.

2. A wealth of history is available through the QST View series.

3. ARES

4. QST holds a higher standard for products advertised to hams than any
other publication.

5. Doesn't send several fund-raising letters per week although this year
was busy for ARRL, I received two such mailings in 2003.

6. A field organization that will help anyone with an issue related to ham
radio, whether licensed or not, or an ARRL member or not.

7. Repeater Directory

8. The Handbook

9. The Antenna Book

10. ARRL Web site

I need to leave a few more for others to list!

73, de Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."