Old December 16th 03, 08:33 PM
garigue

Besides, it's a fantasy to think that there'd ever be widespread
support for flat taxes. Too many average people would lose too much.
Including you.

One of the biggest reasons that a flat tax will *never* happen is that
it will provice an easily quantifiable dollar figure as to what is
collected. And that dog won't hunt for any number of reasons.

There are certain ummmm..., advantages of the murky system we have now.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Right Mike ....I seem to remember reading a few years ago that our tax laws
at the Federal level when upright is a stack about 6 feet high. Wanna know
what comprises this volume .... specific and I do mean specific tax breaks
to individuals or businesses. The reason the flat tax will never be seen is
that the gravy thats puts these "laws" into the books will be cut off from
our duly elected reps. Also a fellow in here mentioned that the tax rate
isn't really that 50% plus level doesn't count for the fact that not only
are our payrolls taxed but also the good and services we all purchase. The
big lie is found herein.

My Buddy phoned me with glee when Bill Clinton got into office. He is
really going to put it to those rich *******s with a tax hike ...I was told.
I said who is rich ...a 100K salary? My buddy said yes sir 100 K is a lot
of money. I then told him that the fellow down the street who has a dry
cleaning business probably takes that home after paying his staff, taxes and
other expenses. and guess what ...your pants will probably cost 25 cents
more for a clean when your buddy Bill's signature hits the paper.

73 God Bless KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa