Old December 17th 03, 12:08 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
Mike Coslo wrote in message

Brian wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote

I think this is one of those cases where some people think that their
membership is a subscription to QST. Its a lot more than that. ARRL

does
a lot for Amateurs, even those who hate the organization.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Fair enough.

I dislike some of the policies that the ARRL has promoted in the past,
and felt as if the ARRL did not represent me even though I have been a
member since 1986.

Well, there you go! As a member, I'll pay a lot more attnetion to what
you have to say.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, don't let Dee hear you say that. ;^)

I must hold an official ARRL elected office to have any influence.

Not necessarily. You merely need to convince the majority that your view is
correct so that people who have the same agenda as you will be elected.

I wonder what elected office she holds in an effort to stem the tide of

change?

I choose to vote for officials who have the goals that I believe in. While
I disagree with the probable changes that are coming, they are not so
heinous that I see a need to rearrange my priorities to personally fight
them. They are changes I can live with should they come to pass.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE