Old February 5th 04, 01:19 AM
Gary \Joe\ Mayfield

Odds are good, that it is plain old front end overload on the TV.

It is hard to do tactfully, but you may also want to explain the satellite
box is an FCC part 15 device.

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/rules/

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/part15.html

There should be a label on the device that says "This device complies with
part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two
conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this
device must accept any interference received, including interference that
may cause undesired operation."

Good Luck! and 73,
Joe

"Dennis Kaylor" wrote in message
hey guys
while working on 6 meters tonight i got a knock on my door and the guy
said i was getting into his Satellite TV his TV is on channel 4 and his
Dish was Professionally installed so could someone let me know what i
can do to stop this?
i am unfamilar with sat TV and dont know how to cure this issue
so any info would be a big help
thanks