Old February 5th 04, 03:36 AM
W4JLE

There you go, waving a 2 inch swantz around the big boys and crying
because we are not impressed.

Never said you were dirt, I did say your getting a free ride as the result
of those unable to compete, whining long and hard.

"Steve Stone" wrote in message

When I took my no code tech license in 1993 I didn't have to do what you

did
in 1957.

But I did spend years in college attaining a degree in Electronic

Technology
, learned all about tubes and electron theory, electronics related math,
drew schematics, learned about solid state and early digital IC's, op

amps,
did work study doing bench work at a BSR factory, learned how to repair
motracs and radar units in a professors garage shop (he was a ham and the
local service guy for the radios the cops used). Moved into the working
world in the late 70's , Trained on teletype repair at the Skokie, Il.
plant., Worked as an engineering lab tech programming EPROMs and ROM for
early electronic control units writing code onto paper tape, used sniffers
on networks, Made engineering changes to prototype circuit boards, Worked

on
I'm a no code tech.

MORE YA DA Da Da Snipped...

It doesn't mean I'm a button pusher. Don't treat us like dirt.

Steve
N2UBP

-- When I took my test in 1957, the FCC guy testing , told me the most
difficult test was the amateur advanced.

Back then You both sent and received Morse, and a solid one minute out

of
three was the passing mark. The test itself consisted of drawing

schematics,
supplying missing components to a schematic, etc. Unlike today's NO

CODE,
No
ELECTRONICS exams.