Old July 30th 03, 11:25 AM
gil

Default My antenna setup, comments please

My antenna setup is nothing but a random wire going from a tree/ tuner/ rig
in the basement about 60-70 feet total, I know it could be better but its
all I can get away with for the moment. The ground is a rod thru the bottom
of the sump where is always wet and I feel is good for RF, I hook the end of
that to the back of the random wire tuner.
My concern is...the wire coming from window to tuner/rig is about 15 feet
and due to placement I cant shorten it much more,
Should I use a coax from window to rig?
Or just leave it alone?
BTW I use low power about 30-40 watts CW and the setup seems to work fairly
well on most bands..just concerned about loss and RF inside the shack.
Any input appreciated, and thanks for reading

gil