Old December 21st 03, 02:18 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL
From: (Brian)
Date: 12/20/03 9:09 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
ubject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 12/20/03 2:50 PM Central Standard Time
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Your trying to pin me down on this is amusing, since the membership
rolls of NCI are a closely guarded secret. The only way we know is if
the member outs him or her self.

"Closely guarded secret?!?"

Good grief, NCI members in here have been free with publishing
their membership numbers. No one has been arrested for that
yet.

It's sad to have to point out the obvious, but a "membrship number" is

not
the same as the number of members.

So, give us an EXACT number of ARRL members.

Check their annual postal statement. It's a violation for them to

purjure
that, and it delineates the number of "paid subscriptions" (ie: paid-up
members)

Steve, K4YZ

I was a member of the ARRL prior to earning my Novice ticket.

What was my call sign then?

I am sure there was a point ot your asking this question, Brain, even
though it was not part-and-parcel of the quoted item above.

Regardless of your licensure status when you joined the ARRL, the only
'relevence' would have been your voting staus. You were STILL a member.

Now...the point?

Steve, K4YZ