Old December 23rd 03, 12:13 PM
Brian

(N2EY) wrote in message . com...
ojunk (Greg Doughty) wrote in message ...
I get nervous though.

That's normal!

That is what blew it the
first time I took the code. It's funny too, I find it difficult to send as
well, but I read a lot about how people find sending easier than receiving.

Try this:

Disable the transmit part of your rig so that it doesn't put out a
signal, or use a code practice oscillator. Tune around for a CQ that
you can copy and have a "pretend" QSO, with you sending just to
yourself. Gets you used to doing the various things without actually
being on the air.

actually have to write down what I want to send before I do it. Oh well,
practice makes perfect!!!

Absolutely!

Remember that CW operating involves a whole set of skills, but Element
1 only tests one of them. The rest are left "as an exercise for the
reader".

73 es GL de Jim, N2EY

Jim, that actually make a whole lot of sense. Brian