Old December 23rd 03, 04:09 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL
From: (Brian)
Date: 12/22/03 3:27 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
From:
(Brian)
Date: 12/20/03 9:09 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
ubject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 12/20/03 2:50 PM Central Standard Time

So, give us an EXACT number of ARRL members.

Check their annual postal statement. It's a violation for them to

purjure
that, and it delineates the number of "paid subscriptions" (ie: paid-up
members)

Steve, K4YZ

I was a member of the ARRL prior to earning my Novice ticket.

What was my call sign then?

I am sure there was a point ot your asking this question, Brain, even
though it was not part-and-parcel of the quoted item above.

Regardless of your licensure status when you joined the ARRL, the only
'relevence' would have been your voting staus. You were STILL a member.

Now...the point?

Steve, K4YZ

Let me think it through for you.

No need to, Brain...but I'll let you flail through this since it amuses
you.

A non-member, me, receives QST. I am included in the annual postal
statement.

As an individual you ARE a member. If you are not licensed, you are a
NON-VOTING member.

Every library is included in the postal statement.

Identified in the statement. Subtract from the total.

Every club that subscribes is included in the postal statement.

How can a "club subscribe", Brain? An individual (the trustee) dos that.

Every foreign subscriber non-member is included in the postal
statement.

Every foreign "subscriber" is an individual, and is therefore a "member".

Now would you mind answereing the question: "So, give us an EXACT
number of ARRL members."

Total magazines printed

minus wasted copies

minus library subscriptions

minus complimentary copies

equals "EXACT" number of ARRL members

(Guess that new math really confounded ya, Huh BRAIN?

What an idiot.

Steve, K4YZ