Old December 24th 03, 07:10 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article ,
ojunk (G. Doughty) writes:

Well, passed my element one with no problems yesterday and have been

trying
get some contacts on hf with cw. I love cw but 5wpm just isn't cutting

it so
am back to Numorse to bring up my speed. Anyone out there that tried a
contact
with me, sorry. I was forever putting out QRS and still not getting it

all.
will be back though as I cannot use phone when the baby is sleeping. The
light
*tick-ticking* on the straight key doesn't disturb her as much as me

talking.

Thanks
73
G. Doughty

How refreshing! A new ham who actually passes his General, gets OTA
with CW, and isn't whining about it! I'm especially impressed by the fact
that Mr. Doughty is a new father with a young baby, but is not using that
as an excuse not to get in some operating time! Moreover, the non-voice
nature of CW is giving him the means to do so without disturbing the
harmonic's slumbers. Good work, BBL! Carry on, and I hope to work you
someday!

73 de Larry, K3LT

It is wonderful, a breath of fresh air. Gives one renewed hope that all in
the ARS are not dimwits.

Dan/W4NTI