Old December 26th 03, 05:59 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

Brian wrote:

Steve, I think it has to do with the disincentive of Morse Code
testing. You might want to check with Len on this.

You'll pardon our confusion. You've been acting as Len's

representative
for a few posts now in speaking of his motivations or lack thereof. I
wasn't aware that you'd turned the controls over to him.

Brian Burke is not my "representative" nor am I his.

You'll likely want to straighten the lad out then, Leonard. He has been
speaking for you of late.

We just happen to agree that the Morse Exam has to go and that the ARS
is divided between folks who can accept change, and those who cannot.

Perhaps Len's mistaken views can be excused.

"Mistaken views?!?" :-)

Yes, mistaken views.

... You, on the other hand, should know better.

Why do you say that?

....because, unlike you, he has an amateur radio license and has held it
for some time.

Saying that as you do implies that you are a god of amateur radio
who has ALL the answers. You don't.

You've waffled on this issue for some time. In the past, you've held
that I am a god of amateur radio. In frequent reversals, you've stated
that I am not. I think I'll wait until the several of you inside the
Leonard Anderson cranium come to an agreement.

It is not my Life's Ambition to immortalize morse code as the
epitome of amateurism in an avocational radio activity.

I'll mark that down as yet another of things we know are not your life's
ambition. It'll be listed right under "amateur radio license".

I think working Frenchmen out of band otta be #2.

Okay, Brian, I'll do as you've requested.

THINGS WHICH ARE NOT LEONARD ANDERSON'S LIFE'S AMBITION

1. It is not my life's ambition to obtain an amateur radio license.

Explain to me why this is so "necessary," high holy god of ham.

I didn't write that it was necessary. Pay attention.

2. It is not my life's ambition to work Frenchmen out of band.

I'm not keen to work them IN band.

Relax. You won't have to worry about working them at all.

Why is that so necessary, high holy god of ham?

I didn't write that it was necessary. Pay attention.

3. It is not my Life's Ambition to immortalize morse code as the
epitome of amateurism in an avocational radio activity.

But it IS YOURS, right, high holy god of ham?

The list isn't about me, Len. It is about you. Pay attention.

I can deal with that.

You can't deal a deck of cards...much less deal with debate on
issues...you always switch to insulting each and every person
who disagrees with your opinions.

Did your face redden as you typed those words? C'mon, fess up.

Now that all the Techs have been chased off of VHF, where do you
'spect them to go?

Really? The Techs have been chased from VHF? When and how did this
transpire? How would it keep Leonard from obtaining a code-free
license?

Why must I obtain a "code-free license?"

You don't have to do anything. Let inertia be your guide. Pay
attention.

Why can't it be a "coded" license?

It can, Len. First you'd have to overcome inertia. Pay attention.

I've had a code-free license since 1956.

We're discussing amateur radio, Len. Pay attention.

Dave K8MN