Old December 28th 03, 07:32 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL
From: "KØHB"
Date: 12/26/03 8:00 AM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

those who want something for nothing

Ah, yes, when they can't make a reasoned argument they trot out the old
"something for nothing" mantra.

Ah, yes...the "if they can't argue the argument, make fun of it" mantra.

Sorry, but that just doesn't stand up in the light of day, Steve.

Sure it does, Hans. The present system was set up in such a way as to
encourage licensees to pursue a program of self study.

The alternatives I have seen here lately suggest that potential new
licensees are either idiots for whom we must dilute the test to it's least
common denominator, or that we must hang a seriously big carrot out in front to
get them to get involved. THAT doesn't stand up in the light of day, Hans.

The current licensing strucure has already PROVEN that the tests are
reasonable (when the material is sequestered) and that it provides for a
structured occupancy of the bands.

There was no "ghettos" from Incentive Licensing, Hans. Yes, there were
hundreds of disenfranchised Amateurs who were, in fact, cheated out of
something they had already been using. That was indeed unfair to say the very
least.

As for "free upgrades", the FCC already unleased THAT genie with thier
last round of "restructuring" with no help at all from the ARRL.

73

Steve, K4YZ