Old December 28th 03, 12:38 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Gray Shockley" wrote:

And - of the four newsgroups - two are
for SWLers and CBers.

May I ask for as little more care when
deciding to what many newsgroups one
posts to?

Sadly, we don't always have much control over where messages are
cross-posted, Gray. Since some Hams are CB'ers and others SWL's, the
discussion itself may have actually started in one of those non-ham
newsgroups. In other cases, it is trolls (in any one of the newsgroups)
trying to belittle Ham radio and it's operators (posted to a number of
newsgroups in an effort to get the widest possible audience for that). In
still other cases, the discussion started in a ham radio newsgroup, with
other newsgroups added by participants who mainly frequent those other
newsgroups. Whatever the case, you're certainly not alone - we get our share
of messages relating to other topics posted in the Ham radio newsgroups as
well.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/