Old December 28th 03, 05:33 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
t...
Yes you did miss it, IMO! What other Morse code pro/con advocacy groups
are there? NCI is the one standing around when the change happened, it
happened their way, and now all we hear is some people's personal
beliefs when they should be at least putting together a plan for the
aftermath of the ARS, post Element one. The two I have seen I'm not
overwhelmed with.

So I will be yapping about what I percieve to be a *grave* error in
omission.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike,

Why the (at least implied) premise that there will be an "aftermath" when
Morse testing finally, completely goes away?

What sort of doom and gloom scenario are you envisioning?

How is this any different than the dire predictions of the end of ham
radio when spark gave way to CW, AM to SSB, etc.???

All of these predictions have failed to come to pass ...

There IS no "vacuum" to be filled, or anything necessary to "replace,"
Morse testing when it goes ... it's simply unecessary, so it logically
follows that it is not necessary to "find something to replace it."

73,
Carl - wk3c