Old December 30th 03, 09:12 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
Do they keep the completed exams beyond a few months?
The VEs? Or the FCC? Anyway, it would be possible to
get most of the rules and regs questions wrong and
still pass the exam. My father got his advanced back
in 72 down at the FCC field office in NYC. The
examiner told him he passed, but to reread the rules
and regs before he goes on the air. He got most of
those questions wrong. Point is, that you could have
a rule or reg misunderstood, and still pass to get
the license. Most rules that do get violated often
and the FCC goes after are ones people should know
better. Who would think that jamming a repeater is
legal and proper?

I don't know if they keep the exams. From what I understand, the exams
are administered and retained by the VE team rather than the FCC. But I
definitely DO feel that the number of questions should be increased for
each license, with additional weight given to the questions regarding
Part 97 and operating practices, especially for the Tech exam.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA