Old January 1st 04, 05:37 AM
Mike Coslo

JEP wrote:

Check the figures yourself then check how many are really active. Yes
you can but NRA and AARP rags on the stand. AAA no. I quoted no data,
I made an observation. Get you head out the sand and look around. See
all of your old buddies just hanging around the club meeting doing
nothing?

Nope.

is field day as well attended as it was in the 60's?

Better. I just posted some pix on our website, from FD in 1968. My
guess is we have about three times the number as we did then.

Are new folks welcomed?

Yup. During the day, I do no operating at all, just control op the GOTA
station and talk to new people when any show up. And we have new people
show up.

Is help provided?

Of course
If so then consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, lucky enough. If you want, you can bitch about the ARS. Or you
could do something about it.

Or are you one of those hams you bitch about in a previous message?

- Mike KB3EIA -