Old January 3rd 04, 12:20 AM
Brian

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"KØHB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"N2EY" wrote

Suppose FCC enacted your proposal as you submitted it. Why would a
person with the entry-level license be qualified for that license for
ten years but then be unqualified for it after ten years? Particularly
if they were willing to retest for the same license?

It's a learners permit, NOT a license. If they couldn't/didn't learn

enough
in 10 years to pass the examination for a license, then they are obviously
not qualified for a license.

73, de Hans, K0HB

PS: Since it's my proposal, I get to define the terminology. Class "B" is

learners permit. Class "A" is a license.

If you truly mean "learner's permit" and that it is not a license, then they
really should be supervised each and every time they are on the air. If
they are allowed on the air without supervision, then in reality it is a
license not a learner's permit regardless of the limitations and whether or
not it is renewable.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Jim and Steve insist they be self-taught to meet the Basis and
Purpose.

I propose that they also self-supervise, and the reduced power level
keeps them and others out of harms way.

73, Brian