Old February 6th 04, 12:12 PM
Cecil Moore

Tdonaly wrote:
Cecil wrote,

Thanks to Wes, n7ws, I found out how easy it is to model a helical coil
with EZNEC. The following three antennas were modeled using the same
coil, 4.5 turns, 12 inch diameter, 10.8 inches long, using approximately
14 feet of wire. The antennas are similar. The frequencies are different
to illustrate three different arguments. EZNEC zero-impedance loads were
placed directly below and directly above the coil to ascertain the currents.
The accompanying .ez files can be downloaded and run on EZNEC if desired.

It certainly is interesting how a person who, only a short time ago was railing
against "the math model," suddenly gets religion when he thinks it agrees with
him.

It is certainly interesting that you choose to mount an ad hominem attack
instead of providing an iota of technical content.

I do not rail against all math models, just the ones that don't match
reality. I require my math models to give the correct answer. Others
obviously have lower standards for math models than I do.

One rock plus one rock equals two rocks is a math model with which I
fully agree. Coils with zero capacitance is a math model with which
I disagree.

Now please tell us why lumped inductive reactances don't agree with
wire segment coils, stubs, or reality.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp