Old January 3rd 04, 02:06 PM
Bert Craig

Mike Coslo wrote in message t...
The question kind of states it. I suppose that the BW might be wider as
the speed increases.

Mike, I believe the bandwidth actually decreases as the speed increases.

The reason I ask is that on 3580 tonight, we're all sitting there fat,
dumb, and happy, when W1AW starts it's CW broadcast. And it's some 700
kHz wide!!! And now I'd swear it's almost 3kHz wide. That's like SSB!!!

Needless to say, their strong signal was pretty tough on all us 5 and
ten watters. you could get most of a message through, but it took a lt
of the fun out of it.

Bummer, hope it was just a one-time anomaly.

What the heck , over?

- Mike KB3EIA -

73 de Bert
WA2SI