Old February 6th 04, 03:45 PM
jim breeeyar

James Brennan wrote:
As a younger Ham (27), who could have gone no-code, I say keep the code.
It's a right of passage, plus the ability to send/receive means multipliers
on contest weekends... hi hi.

PS what is echolink? That takes all the fun out of a contact...

What difference does it make if a person who pays taxes to support an
organization(FCC), doesnt know a tube from a transistor. Why shouldnt
they have equal access to the privilages. Most buy an appliance and
start putting it to use. You dont need a license to build. There is so
much garbage on the air now it wouldnt matter how clean the signal was.
Things mutate with time. I have experienced 49 years of ham radio and
99 percent of what i did didnt require a license. Pressing the mic
button did, plus being considerate, respectful, and helpful after
pressing the button.

W1HRM