Old January 4th 04, 12:20 AM
Brian

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Brian) wrote in message om...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...

No more than...Ahhhh, never mind, you'll never get the point.

Make your point rational and I'll get it.

Many of us have tried to get YOU to be rational, Brain, but you
defy logic and, well, rationality.

Stebe, just because you can spell rational doesn't mean you are
rational.

You make unsubstantiated assertions you cannot or will not back
up, then ask us to just accept it without the proof.

I merely commented on your Basis and Purpose comment. Then I backed
it up. You need to make a rational comment why the basis and purpose
is satisfied by inventive licensing, but cannot be satisfied by a one
license ARS.

You're starting off the New Year on the wrong foot, Brain...By
making assertions that are not substantiated by factual evidence.

Welcome to 2004, MinnieLennie.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, you said that the Basis and Purpose of self-learning cannot be
achieved after a person has achieved their first license in a
one-license system. That the Basis and Purpose can only be achieved
in a multiple-license system.

A "one license" system does not promote learning.

Why not? What License have you been working toward since you earned
Extra?

A "one license" system promotes stagnation and mediocrity. Look
what a "classless" society did to Central Europe for 70+ years.

Are you just begging for Len to come in here with his Hitler remarks?

You are an idiot!

As deftly pointed out by Jim, N2EY, the TRUE stagnation of the
Amateur Radio Service occured BEFORE Incentive Licensing.

Did not.

Was the way the FCC implemented it wrong? Sure it was. But the
system worked.

I asked if self-learning occurs after the Extra license is achieved.

Sure it does. And there are some cases where the licensee brings
his "self-learning" with him/her from an engineering
point-of-view...but thsoe folks are few and far between.

Give me a rational answer why it cannot occur after someone achieves a
license in a one-license system.

Can it occur? Sure it can.

Thank you. Finally an honest answer from one of you PCTA. I'll mark
my calendar.

Does it usually or routinely occur?
Nope.

Doesn't occur after Extra either. And ex-communicated Jim's proposal
was for all the pools to be combined, so it was the equavilant of
Extra.

So, in the end, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Now, here's one for YOU, Brain...cite for me some grand example
of "one size fits all and promotes learning" example from ANY aspect
of our society...One that can't be refuted at some level.

No.

I'll be waiting, but I won't be holding my breath.

Steve, K4YZ

Oh, please do.