Old January 4th 04, 12:32 AM
Brian

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message om...
(Brian) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...
Subject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL
From:
(Brian)
Date: 12/26/03 3:01 PM Central Standard Time

How many amateur radio services do we really need? How many do you
really want?

One radio service with a TIERED license structure, Brain.

It is a "TIRED" radio structure. If you want Merit Badges, join the
BSA (or CAP). There is no need to have class distinctions between
hams artificially created by the FCC. Allow the ham to distinguish
himself or herself, based upon actual achievements.

It is only "tired" if you don't have the cajones to keep up,
Brain.

A little chest puffery?

Natch.

It's not about "class distinctions", unless that's all you fixate
on, Brain. It's about meeting the requirements of the Basis and
Purpose of Part 97, and meeting Congress' expectation that in return
for our generous allocations.

Did that a long time ago.

By the way, our allocations are by no means guaranteed. Too bad
people like you can't see past your own selfishness to see that.

Too bad people like you can't see it. Too busy being self-important.

Obviously you do not concur with the FCC's "Basis and Purpose" of the
Amateur Radio Service, espeically those that establish the service as one of
"self-training".

I do. -Espeically- "self-training." Obviously you believe that once
you obtain the "Amateur Extra" license that all learning must stop.
There is nothing more to be learned!

I don't know where you got that "obviously" stuff, Brain, except
to make it up.

I've very clearly stated on several occassions that my learning
curve didn't stop with my Extra.

Yet your climb up the ARS ladder did. Why, with a one license ARS
would learning stop???

Please stop being arrogant.

Rational argument is arrogance?

You couldn't be more wrong. Again.

I'm not the one who just made a very obvious assumption based
upon a personal prejudice, Brain.

State the assumption.

State the personal prejudice.

A "single license" concept does not support that premise, Brain.

It does. Unless you believe that once you obtain Amateur Extra that
all learning stops because there is nothing new to be learned.

Ok, MinnieLennie...Here again is yet another opportunity for you
to "show (me)up" by providing a quote FROM ME wherein I stated
anything even remotely like "...all learning stops with the Amateur
Extra test".

Why, if learning doesn't stop with the Amateur Extra exam, would it
stop with a one exam ARS?

This is a test in rational discussion. Do try your best to pass it.

A tiered one does.

No more than a one license ARS.

Then this proves you ignorant of the facts, Brain.

Enlighten me.

There is not a single aspect of our lives that suggests a
"one-size-fits-all" ANYTHING works, Brainless. Our educational
system, our society in general, religions, politics, etc.

Stebe, countless garments at the store claim "one size fits all."

Unless you can provide some tangible examples that contradict
that?

Pantyhose.

Was that too difficult for you?

Trying hard to keep your position at the top of the hill is sooo
transparent.

I don't have a hill to be on top of, Brain.

More like piled higher and deeper.

That you percieve that I do means you have an inferiorty problem
that keeps you in a subjugated position. Deal with it, Brain.

You're much easier to deal with.

Allow the ham to show the world his real achievements, not some
government supported and forced Merit Badge system of false
achievements.

You are truly lost, Brain....wrapped up in symbology, rhetoric
and the need to denigrate and demean anything you cannot or will not
endeavor to understand or accept.

Pity you.

The King of Denigration has spoken.