Old February 6th 04, 05:33 PM
KA9CAR

Check out w4rnl at cebik . com he is a proponent of the 88 foot doublet.

I have a 90 foot doublet, as that is what my trees provided for. An
advantage is that it is a 1/2 wave
on 60 meters so I don't have to adjust my calculations for erp on that band.

In order to tune the 90 footer which is fed by about 50 feet of 450 ohm
line, I had to make a
modification to my Johnson Matchbox. I could have altered the feed line
length, but I chose not to.

I use the doublet on 80 through 10, and it does what the models say it
should at the low hieght
(28 feet) that I have it.

Since I am not worried about directionality, I have considered going to a
132 foot dipole
when I can consider a way to suport it.
KA9CAR

"Dick" wrote in message
Hello,

As my 40 m. rotable dipole (2* 7 m. = 42 feet with coals) was damaged by

the
storm I am thinking to make something different. The dipole height was at

40
feet.

I can increase the heigth with a pipe to 60 feet and make a 80m. dipole 2

*
20 m. (120 feet) Inv. V. (West/East) and a 40 meter dipole 2 * 10m ( 60
feet) or a doublet of 88 feet (South/North)? Both with ladder line.

I mainly work on 80/40 and 30 m. the other bands are nice to have.

The question is should I make the 40 m. dipole or the doublet or renew the
old rotable dipole? Or any other suggestions..

73 pa3glf