Old January 6th 04, 02:19 AM
Len Over 21

In article k.net, "Dwight
Stewart" writes:

"Len Over 21" wrote:

Irrelevant, Dwight. The amateur
community has specifed the criteria
and goals of amateurism.

First and foremost is morsemanship.
(snip)

Because so many obviously agree, your sarcasm falls flat, Len.

Irrelevant. Morse code is the entire foundation for amateur radio.

Morse code is cutting-edge technology, an advancement necessary
to use the HF spectrum for communications.

Morse code gets through when nothing else will, thus proving that
morse code modes do away with electrical power requirements.

All who are "interested in radio" are required to learn morse code
and be licensed in the amateur radio service. Non-morse modes
do not count as "interest." Non-amateur work does not count as
"interest." Professional work in radio does not count as "interest."

Learning morse code shows the self-discipline, dedication, and
commitment to the amateur community and the League.

I have been told this. I repeat it to you for the betterment of all.

LHA