Old January 6th 04, 03:09 PM
Alun

Mike Coslo wrote in :

Alun wrote:
"Kim W5TIT" wrote in news:bte3p7
:

"N2EY" wrote in message

Here's an update on various estimates of when Morse code testing will
be eliminated in the US. Note that four predicted dates are in the
past.

WA2SI: September 13, 2003
KF6TPT: September 29, 2003
KC8EPO: December 31, 2003
K2UNK: January 1, 2004
K2ASP: March 15, 2004
AA2QA: April 1, 2004
N2EY: April 15, 2004
N3KIP: May 1, 2004
KC8PMX: July 1, 2004
K3LT: September 15, 2004
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007 ("minimum 4 years from date of requirement
drop") W5TIT: June 1, 2008

Closest date (before or after) wins. Anyone else?

73 de Jim, N2EY

I see we have 14 on the list and 3 are already out of the running.
What do we get if we win?

Wasn't Jim going to give the winner his K2? 8^)

Maybe a J-38 key?

- Mike KB3EIA -

LOL! A Morse key might be a very ironic prize, depending on who won. I
suppose if I won a key I would have to have my first CW QSO, after 24 years
QRV!

Alun, N3KIP (G8VUK)