Old January 6th 04, 09:07 PM
Robert Casey

-

LOL! A Morse key might be a very ironic prize, depending on who won. I
suppose if I won a key I would have to have my first CW QSO, after 24 years
QRV!

Alun, N3KIP (G8VUK)

That's about as long ago since I did a CW QSO. :-)

Let's see, several petitions were submitted a few months ago, and the
comment
periods are now closed. So it's probably sitting on some brearucrat's
desk right
now. Or at the bottom of the pile on one or more commissioners' desks,
to be
looked at when there's nothing better to do. And they'll spend a few
minutes
looking at the restructuring R&O, find the part about code kept only because
of the treaty, note that the teaty has changed, delete the code
requirement, and
publish it in the federal register. Then it takes force 4 months later.
So it cannot
take place before May 2004 (date it takes force, "when Morse code
testing will
be eliminated in the US"). Add a few more months for the brearucracy, so
I say "August 1, 2004"

73 de WA2ISE