Old January 7th 04, 11:31 PM
Dave Heil

Alun wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in
:

Dwight Stewart wrote:

"N2EY" wrote:
(snip)
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007
Kim: June 1, 2008

Kim W5TIT wrote:
(snip)
WK3C: December 30, 2004
N8UZE: July 1, 2005
KB3EIA: July 5, 2007
W5TIT: June 1, 2008

"Dave Heil" wrote:
Kim,
Why do you persist in changing Jim's posts
and re-posting with no indication that you're
changing them? That kind of thing could further reflect on your
character.

I think Kim's complaint is valid. Jim obviously has some issue with
her
callsign. Without saying why, he refuses to use her callsign as he has
done with everyone else on his list. That callsign was issued by the
FCC and, if Jim has an issue with that, he should take it up with the
FCC. Regardless, until the FCC says otherwise, that callsign is
legitimate and should be treated as such by all within the Ham radio
community - just as any ham operator, including Jim, would expect his
or her own callsign to be treated.

Nice, Dwight. Very touchy-feely and politically correct.

I'm certain that Jim has an issue with Kim's call. Quite a number of
us have issues with Kim's call. Even Riley Hollingsworth has issues
with Kim's call. For you to attempt the equation of Kim's tacky choice
of vanity call with Jim's non-vanity call is ludicrous.

You'll note that I used "further reflect on your character". The
touching up of another's post is one issue. The choice of calls is
another.

Dave K8MN

I don't think you can really separate them in this instance. We all know
why Jim doesn't want to use her call, but at the same time I doubt if any
of us would be pleased to appear on a list where everyone else had their
call listed but we didn't. The obvious implication is that the person with
no call is not a ham, even though we know that's not what Jim meant.

You might not choose to have a call like Kim's, but can you honestly say
you wouldn't correct someone's post if they did this to you?

I might not have chosen a call like Kim's? I flat out didn't choose a
call like Kim's. I can honestly say that I would not change the post of
another to make it appear that the original poster had written something
different than what was originally posted.

As for the
lack of an accompanying comment, have you considered that she might not be able to think of anything that wouldn't actually be worse than no
comment?

I have no doubt at all that anything Kim would have written would have
been worse than no comment.

If she can't think of anything good to say, she may be being polite by
saying nothing.

I've not known Kim to be bound by politeness.

Dave K8MN