Old January 9th 04, 06:27 AM
Robert Casey

btw, you might want to look up the origin of the word "Easter"...

And what connection the resurection of Jesus Christ has with rabbits hiding
colored chicken eggs has.

And why no holiday for "Wester", "Norther", and "Souther" :-)

And why kids get dressed up in costumes and ask neighbors for candy on
Halloween. A Chinese friend once asked me about that, all I could say
was that it was an ancient tradition that nobody knows where it came from
or why it was done.

Santa Claus actually has a religious tie in with Christmas. Santa is a
modified version of St Nick, who, a few hundred years ago somewheres
in Europe, would give the kids in his town small gifts to celebrate the
birth of Christ.

Up next: Q sign for Martin Luther King day: QMK