Old February 6th 04, 08:39 PM
Mark Keith

Cecil Moore wrote in message

2. The second antenna is electrically 3/4 wavelength long. This one
illustrates how the current at the top of the loading coil can be
greater than the current at the bottom of the loading coil.

http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/octcoil2.gif
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/octcoil2.ez

Why the 3/4 wave example? This is NOT what I had in mind. What I would
like to see, is you take a 8 ft mobile whip for 80m. Start with a
center load. Note the current taper. Then place the coil below the
midpoint level. Note the current taper. Then place the coil above the
midpoint level. Note the current taper.
You should be able to find a configuration that provides max current
at the top of the coil, if what you claim is true. I want to see max
current at the top of the coil in the SHORT loaded 8ft mobile whip for
80m. Not a funky overly tall 3/4 wave antenna. I'd try it myself, but
I only have the demo of eznec and don't have the segment capability.
Then if you can see this happen in the model, I'd like to see it
confirmed in the real world. If this occurs, then I might start to
think what you claim holds some water. I'll reserve further comment
until you can try this simple test. MK